For more information on the latest clearances, please click here.
More than just a monitor,Tempus Pro™ is a new concept in vital signs monitoring that can improve outcomes.
Ground-breaking in size, weight & ruggedness, the system is also unique in that it offers five distinctive capability sets:
- Monitoring – All the integrated features & capabilities expected in a market-leading vital signs monitor (VSM)
- Patient record data collection & sharing – Tempus provides the user with an electronic tactical combat casualty care (TCCC) card, the NATO standard for field trauma management
- ReachBak™ – Optional integrated secure real-time reach back capability over military & civilian communications of voice, data, video & records makes Tempus a true force multiplier
- Modular feature selection – Unique flexible plug & play architecture enables feature sets to be added in the field as mission & needs change
- Flexible & Scalable – Designed for easy & almost limitless integration with emerging technologies so it can evolve to meet changing requirements
Cage Code: 78N80
DLA Troop Support Contract: SPM2D1-12-D-8303
RDT technology is already helping save civilian lives and the US Army has trialled and accepted the system with leading forces.
Tempus IC Professional™ has been selected as the primary monitor in the USSOCOM TCCC Casevac set (DOD Contract H92222-D-0023-0005) and is playing a key part in multiple development projects with different Special and Conventional Force groups.
Tempus Pro™ is designed with the war fighter in mind. Small, rugged and lightweight, the monitor features an easy to use, easy to navigate touch driven interface and incorporates a full set of monitoring features including:
- 3/5 lead electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Optional 12 lead diagnostic ECG
- 12 lead ECG interpretation
- Real-time arrhythmia detection
- ST and QT monitoring
- Impedance respiration
- The full set of Masimo rainbow® parameters (PVI®, PI, SpCO®, SpMet®, SpHb®, SpOC™)
- Non-invasive blood pressure
- 2 channels of invasive pressure with additional 3rd and 4th channels available
- 2 channels of contact temperature (YSI Series 400)
- Integrated Oridion® Microstream® capnography
Subject to storage and conditions of use
Under development and subject to future regulatory clearance
- Optional integrated video laryngoscopy
- Optional integrated point-of-care ultrasound
- Water & sand resistant to IP66
- Lithium-ion battery with a 10 3/4 – 14 hour battery life*
- Multiple ways of reviewing patient data, including 4 waveform colour display
- The facility to easily & quickly switch between patients
- A truly daylight readable, glove-operable touch-driven display
- Integral 3.2MP camera for recording images of the patient
- Optional unique real-time data, voice & video communications
- Wide operating & storage temperature range
- Optional wireless communications
*subject to storage and conditions of use
A unique capability set of the Tempus monitor is its patient data capture ability. This includes:
- The shareable electronic Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) card
- Full colour tabular and graphical trends
- The electronic record of care, including images from the integral camera, annotated images & 12-Lead ECG recordings
This data can be handed over with the casualty at each echelon of care and then in to their long term patient record.
This ensures that all care givers have accurate information on patient injuries, therapies, trended vital signs, drugs and fluids.
Provision of this data can improve outcomes and provide an accurate audit trail.
The whole interface is simple and easy to use, even with a gloved hand, making it useable in austere field environments. Vital signs populate automatically and a touch-driven body map and intuitive interface makes data entry easy.
- Quickly produces an accurate record that can be shared on another Tempus monitor or on a PC as a PDF document
- TCCC card & record of care can be transmitted & viewed in real time via optional ReachBak™ technology
- Another unique capability set of Tempus is its ability to provide a wide range of integrated communication technologies for telemedicine and telementoring purposes. The optional ReachBak™ telemedicine capability enables users to transmit all medical data, waveforms, still images, TCCC card and 12-Lead ECG recordings.
- Transmits over IP radios such as EPLRS & SRW as well as military & civilian satcoms e.g. VSAT, B-GAN, WIN-T. The system can be used on point-to-point, mesh & MANET networks
- With regards data export, all patient identifiers (name, age etc.) are AES256 encrypted; this is the level of encryption required for inter-governmental data transfer
- All data, voice & video is designed to provide a minimum bandwidth footprint. Data can be transmitted over as low as 1.6kbps
Tempus can also transmit two-way real time voice (VoIP) via either wireless or wired headsets; it is compatible with military headsets. The integral camera can also be used to transmit low-rate, low bandwidth video (one-way).
This ability to share all vital signs and the TCCC card in real time is a force multiplier. It increases senior medics’ situational awareness of their forward troops’ casualties. This improved information (voice, data, video) allows better informed command and control decisions to be made e.g. casevac or medevac.
Tempus is compatible with a range of military sea, air and both mounted and dismounted land communication systems.
i2i™ software, used to receive calls from Tempus, is easy to install and configure. Solutions are available for both NIPR-NIPR and SIPR-NIPR networks. It is already being used by leading force groups.
Tempus Pro™ is designed for easy integration with external modules, using either wired (USB) or wireless interfaces to add whole new monitoring and diagnostic capabilities to the Tempus. This not only enables your monitor to evolve as your needs change, but also allows users to perform whole new diagnostic processes using the same battery and display already being carried. This allows you to leverage even more from your investment in the future.
- Examples include:
- Small, compact, Tempus-powered 3.5MHz ultrasound probe for FAST exam* or general abdominal examinations
- 7.5MHz ultrasound probe for Extended-FAST exams*, line placement & vascular examinations
- Structured process to remind user of the elements of the exam*
- Automatic creation of a FAST exam* report for automatic inclusion in the record of care
- FAST exam* report can be transmitted to colleagues real time or post event using optional integrated ReachBak technology
- No need to carry a separate ultrasound device, display & battery
- A range of disposable Macintosh, Miller & D-blades are available to enable video laryngoscope images to be visualised on the Tempus Pro display
- View vitals, including capnography & ECG, while intubating the patient
- Particularly useful with difficult intubations e.g. patients wearing neck braces in the confined space of an EMS vehicle
- Still images can be captured & automatically included in the record of care
- Still images can be transmitted via the optional integrated ReachBak technology
- This removes the need to carry a separate video laryngoscope, display & battery
- In response to user-driven requirements, RDT will be continuing to expand Tempus Pro with new software features and external peripherals that will be field upgradeable.
Ultrasound for FAST exam*, extended-FAST exams*, line placement and vascular examinations
* CE marked but subject to future regulatory clearance in the USA
Tempus Pro™ is designed to be scalable to enable you to select the most appropriate configuration for your immediate operational or budget requirements.
Additional features such as 12-lead ECG, invasive pressure ReachBak™, point-of-care ultrasound or video laryngoscopy can be enabled in the field without the need to return the unit to RDT.
This enables your monitor to evolve as your mission, budget or training needs change.
In response to user-driven requirements, RDT will be continuing to expand Tempus Pro with new software features and external peripherals that will be field upgradeable.
This will allow you to leverage even more from your investment in the future.
- Tempus systems have been bought by MRMC & a number of advanced force groups
- RDT has on-going contract & Government entities
- Tempus IC Professional™ has been selected as the primary monitor in the USSOCOM TCCC CASEVAC set provided by Tribalco. This is a 4-year indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract (DOD Contract H92222-D-0023-0005)
- Tempus IC Professional patient monitor has been granted a fleet-wide Airworthiness Release (AWR, Aircraft Clearance) from the United States Army approving its use for all U.S. Army UH/HH-60A/L/M, MH-60K and MH-47G helicopters
- The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has awarded a $6.27 million, 5-year contract to RDT for its Tempus patient monitoring system. DLA Troop Support Contract: SPM2D1-12-D-8303
RDT is working on a number of deployment activities and will be making further announcements in due course.