- Monitoring – All the integrated features & capabilities expected in a market-leading vital signs monitor (VSM)
- Patient record data collection & sharing – Tempus provides the user with an electronic tactical combat casualty care (TCCC) card, the NATO standard for field trauma management
- ReachBak™ – Optional integrated secure real-time reach back capability over military & civilian communications of voice, data, video & records makes Tempus a true force multiplier
- Modular feature selection – Unique flexible plug & play architecture enables feature sets to be added in the field as mission & needs change
- Flexible & Scalable – Designed for easy & almost limitless integration with emerging technologies so it can evolve to meet changing requirements
More than just a monitor, Tempus IC Professional™ and Tempus Pro™ is a new concept in vital signs monitoring that can improve outcomes*.
Ground-breaking in size, weight & ruggedness, the system is also unique in that it offers five distinctive capability sets:
*Tempus Pro™ is not yet cleared to market (CE Mark, FDA 510K). Tempus IC Professional™ is 510k cleared and is available for immediate purchase.
**Cage Code: KD792
RDT technology is already helping save civilian lives and the US Army has trialled and accepted the system with leading forces.
Tempus IC Professional has been selected as the primary monitor in the USSOCOM TCCC Casevac set (DOD Contract H92222-D-0023-0005) and is playing a key part in multiple development projects with different Special and Conventional Force groups.
- Pulse oximetry
- Non-invasive blood pressure
- Tympanic temperature
- 3 Lead electrocardiogram (ECG)
- Optional 12-Lead electocardiogram recording
- Optional capnography
- Water & sand resistant to IP66
- 7 hour battery life*
- Multiple ways of reviewing patient data, including 4 waveform colour display
- The facility to easily switch between patients in multi-casualty situations
- A truly daylight readable, NVG friendly touch-driven display
- Optional unique real-time data, voice & video communications
Tempus IC Professional™ is designed with the war fighter in mind. Small, rugged and lightweight, the monitor features an easy to use, easy to navigate touch driven interface and incorporates a full set of monitoring features including:
* subject to storage and conditions of use
Tempus Pro™ is not yet cleared to market (CE Mark, FDA 510K). Tempus IC Professional™ is 510k cleared and is available for immediate purchase.
- A range of clinical, user & performance improvements, including whole new feature sets, in the same form factor & weight
- 5 Lead (in addition to the current 3 and 12 Lead) electrocardiogram
- Impedance respiration
- 1 channel of contact temperature, optional 2nd channel
- Optional 2-4 channels of invasive pressure
- Optional video laryngoscopy
- Optional ultrasound for performance of the FAST exam
- Increased operating temperature range
- Additional wireless communications
- Additional alarm capabilities
Moving forward, RDT is finalising Tempus Pro™ to provide a number of new features, all of which are aimed at military pre-hospital care users. These are expected to be available in 2013 and include:
A unique capability set of the Tempus monitor is its patient data capture ability. This includes:
- The shareable electronic Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC) card
- Full colour tabular and graphical trends
- The electronic record of care, including images from the integral camera, annotated images & 12-Lead ECG recordings
This ensures that all care givers have accurate information on patient injuries, therapies, trended vital signs, drugs and fluids.
Provision of this data can improve outcomes and provide an accurate audit trail.
- Quickly produces an accurate record that can be shared on another Tempus monitor or on a PC as a PDF document
- Geo-tagging of drugs data using the optional integral GPS receiver
- TCCC card & record of care can be transmitted & viewed in real time via optional ReachBak™ technology
- Another unique capability set of Tempus is its ability to provide a wide range of integrated communication technologies for telemedicine and telementoring purposes. The optional ReachBak™ telemedicine capability enables users to transmit all medical data, waveforms, still images, TCCC card and 12-Lead ECG recordings.
- Transmits over IP radios such as EPLRS & SRW as well as military & civilian satcoms e.g. VSAT, B-GAN, WIN-T. The system can be used on point-to-point, mesh & MANET networks
- To meet SOCOM and military requirements, all voice, data & video is transmitted using NSA FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption
- All data, voice & video is designed to provide a minimum bandwidth footprint. Data can be transmitted over as low as 1.6kbps
Tempus can also transmit two-way real time voice (VoIP) via either wireless or wired headsets; it is compatible with military headsets. The integral camera can also be used to transmit low-rate, low bandwidth video (one-way).
This ability to share all vital signs and the TCCC card in real time is a force multiplier. It increases senior medics’ situational awareness of their forward troops’ casualties. This improved information (voice, data, video) allows better informed command and control decisions to be made e.g. casevac or medevac.
Tempus is compatible with a range of military sea, air and both mounted and dismounted land communication systems.
i2i™ software, used to receive calls from Tempus, is easy to install and configure. Solutions are available for both NIPR-NIPR and SIPR-NIPR networks. It is already being used by leading force groups.
- Small, compact, Tempus-powered 3.5MHz ultrasound probe for FAST exam or general abdominal examinations
- 7.5MHz ultrasound probe for enhanced-FAST exams, line placement & vascular examinations
- Structured process to remind user of the elements of the exam
- Automatic creation of a FAST exam report for automatic inclusion in the record of care
- FAST exam report can be transmitted to colleagues real time or post event using optional integrated ReachBak™ technology
- This removes the need to carry a separate ultrasound device, display and battery
- A range of MAC & D-blades available to enable video laryngoscope images to be visualised on the TempusPro display
- View vitals, including capnography & ECG, while intubating the patient
- Particularly useful with difficult intubations e.g. patients wearing neck braces or body armour or in the confined space of a military vehicle
- Still images can be captured and automatically included in the record of care
- Still images can be transmitted via the optional integrated ReachBak technology
- This removes the need to carry a separate video laryngoscope, display & battery
TempusPro™ is uniquely intended to allow users to perform whole new diagnostic processes on patients in pre-hospital care settings using the same battery and display already being carried*.
Examples under development include:
Ultrasound for FAST exam
* Tempus Pro™ is not yet cleared to market (CE Mark, FDA 510k)
Tempus Pro™ is designed to be scalable to enable you to select the most appropriate configuration for your immediate operational or budget requirements*.
Additional features such as 12-Lead ECG, ReachBak™, ultrasound or video laryngoscopy can be enabled in the field without the need to return the unit to RDT.
This enables your monitor to evolve as your mission, budget or training needs change.
In response to user-driven requirements, RDT will be continuing to expand Tempus Pro with new software features and external peripherals that will be field upgradeable.
This will allow you to leverage even more from your investment in the future.
* Tempus Pro™ is not yet cleared to market (CE Mark, FDA 510k)
- Tempus systems have been bought by MRMC & a number of advanced force groups
- RDT has on-going contrac& Government entities
- Tempus IC Professional™ has been selected as the primary monitor in the USSOCOM TCCC CASEVAC set provided by Tribalco. This is a 4-year indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity contract (DOD Contract H92222-D-0023-0005)
- Tempus IC Professional patient monitor has been granted a fleet-wide Airworthiness Release (AWR, Aircraft Clearance) from the United States Army approving its use for all U.S. Army UH/HH-60A/L/M, MH-60K and MH-47G helicopters
- The Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) has awarded a $6.27 million, 5-year contract to RDT for its Tempus patient monitoring system
RDT is working on a number of deployment activities and will be making further announcements during 2013.