Ensuring you have fast and effective medical protection for your crew is essential, particularly In today’s litigious society where medical incidents can have a financial as well as medical consequence.
No one can predict when they may be injured or taken ill, or how serious it will be, but the Tempus system gives you that critical additional medical protection.
Tempus IC™ enables your crew to transmit vital signs data routinely measured in an ER such as blood pressure, pulse and heart rhythms to land-based medical experts, facilitating accurate diagnosis and fast, aggressive treatment advice and support.
To achieve this, ease of use is essential. The system’s unique, intuitive iAssist screens, simultaneous voice, streamed video and remote control by your medical provider empower users to manage even the most stressful medical incident.
Don’t gamble with medical emergencies. Should illness or injury strike, Tempus enables you to fulfil your duty of care, delivering protection that meets expectations and reflects your health and safety values. Making correctly informed decisions using the best available technology with a full audit trail of what was done reduces personal and company risk and liability.
The equipment fulfils our primary duty of care by enabling the very best in medical protection for our crew
Captain G. Roumantjas, Metrostar Management Corp.
You can´t put a price on someone´s life and this is the best chance I have of saving one.
Captain K. Moore, MY Lady Sheridan
Enables Royal Jet to maintain its commitment towards VIPs requiring absolute discretion in their travels
Captain T. Gabriel, CEO Royal Jet
We are confident that with Tempus our customers will receive the best medical care currently available on aircraft today
Dr. C. Webster, Snr VP Medical Services, Emirates
bmi purchased Tempus to enhance the quality of care provided to passengers during in-flight medical emergencies
Dr. G. Cresswell, Chief Medical Officer, bmi
The parameters available are essentially the same as those one would have in most emergency rooms
Dr. P. Alves, VP Medical Services, MedAire Inc
- Full set of monitoring features including blood pressure, pulse oximetry, wireless tympanic temperature, capnography, 12-Lead diagnostic ECG & glucometry
- Unique iAssist™ help screens are critical for non-medical & intermittent users
- Market leading levels of robustness, sand & water resistance enable high portability
- Daylight readable, impact resistant screen supports use in bright or adverse conditions
- Small, lightweight & easy to carry so it’s ideal to take with you wherever you go
- Six hour battery life with intelligent battery management keeps Tempus IC™ ready for use
- Integral camera with backlight for still & moving video, helps maximize your provider’s effectiveness
- Wired & wireless headset options enable a continuous voice link
- RapidPak™ clip enables fast deployment of key vital signs parameters
- Integrated wired & wireless communications enable simultaneous voice, video & data transmission over all types of links
Key features include:
* subject to storage and conditions of use
Tempus IC™ is a vital signs monitor with the same capabilites as those used by doctors and other medical professionals, but designed for a non-medical expert to use on an intermittent basis. You need to be confident that your staff can use the system even a year or more after training.
RDT has proven the system meets this demanding requirement in numerous blind user trials and extensive operational useage. A typical comment from users is “as soon as I saw the helpscreens, it all came back to me”.
This simplification is achieved through the integration of over 50 ease of use features, including full colour step by step iAssist™ instructions for every activity, context sensitive help and colour coding of all key functions.
Additionally, RDT’s unique RapidPak™ technology ensures the system is always ready for use.
- Satellite – VSAT, Iridium and Inmarsat (Aero, Maritime & Land Mobile), Thuraya & virtually all aviation satcom systems
- WiFi & wired Ethernet
- Integrated cell phone
- Telephone & serial connections
Tempus IC™ is a flexible telemedicine system designed for use over whatever bandwidth you have available. Its wide range of communication capabilities enables the transmission of simultaneous voice, video* and data over.
Data is transmitted to RDT’s secure Global Network Operations Center and can be accessed by your preferred medical service provider, such as MedAire, from anywhere in the world, using RDT’s i2i™ response center software.
Additonally TempusWeb™ enables a personal physician, specialist or other third party to be securely linked in to the incident via RDT’s website.
Finally, with RDT’s unique Advanced Data Robustness (ADR) technology ensuring reliable satellite connectivity with no data being lost in transmission, you can be confident that you will have the most reliable and highly communications-enabled telemedicine system in the world.
For more information about MedAire’s Medlink emergency 24/7 medical services, please see www.medaire.com
* voice and video capabilities are dependent on communications bandwidth. Please contact RDT for more information.
Users can be fully trained on Tempus IC™ within half a day. A variety of training options are available to suit the needs of each individual customer. RDT’s training courses have been delivered successfully with over 4000 Tempus users.
Typically customer’s prefer us to organise train-the-trainer courses and to help develop materials that complement existing training resources.
Sessions are interactive and are designed specifically to meet the needs of non medical, intermittent users. This ensures that crew are able to use Tempus even 12 months after initial training.
Because the device is so intuitive to use and the integrated iAssist™ help process is so comprehensive, you should not require refresher training. However, this very much depends on each customer’s individual protocols.
- Tested Tempus to ensure that it complies with all the relevant sections of RTCA DO-160 E as well as those for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Documented all the information relevant to the design, construction and testing of Tempus and its battery in a Declaration of Design and Performance (DDP). The DDP is provided to client’s technical representatives to enable them to easily ensure the aircraft carrying Tempus continues to meet its operational regulations
Quality is key to all aspects of RDT’s products, services and business philosophy. This is demonstrated by our ongoing adherence to meeting the most stringent international quality systems standards such as EN ISO 9001:2008, EN ISO 13485:2003.
Tempus and its battery have been designed to comply with the particular requirements for use in aviation applications. Consequently, the requirements of the US FAA, EU EASA and international JAA have been taken into consideration in the design of the product.
Therefore, in order that the requirements of the FAA (AC91.21-1A) and the CAA (AIL0176 and AWN 12 appendix 39) can be met by operators using Tempus on their aircraft, RDT have:
- Medical Regulatory Compliance
RDT’s products have been cleared to market (510k) in the USA by the FDA. In addition, RDT’s manufacturing facility complies with the cGMP requirements of US 21 CFR Part 820
Tempus is CE marked under the European Medical Devices Directive (MDD – Directive 93/42/EEC)
RDT and its products have been independently certified to meet the requirements of the Directive under Annex II – Full Quality Assurance. Consequently, RDT’s design and manufacturing facility is certified under the internationally recognised quality assurance standards ISO9001:2008 and ISO 13485:2003
Tempus is licensed under the Canadian Medcical Devices Regulations, Section 36
Tempus is listed by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
- GSM – 3GPP TS 51.010-1, ETSI EN 301 489-1, ETSI EN 301 489-7, ETSI EN 301 511
- WiFi – ANSI C63.4:2001, ETSI EN 300 328, ETSI EN 301 489-1 & ETSI EN 301 489-17
- Data Security
- Delivery Documentation
GSM/WiFi – The GSM and WiFi interfaces used in Tempus are certified for compliance with the requirements of all major market places e.g. the US FCC (US 47 CFR Parts 15C and 24) and the EU RTTE Directive. The interfaces also meet the following standards:
Furthermore at all stages where patient data is handled i.e. from collection and transmission through to display, storage and retransmission to the client’s own physician over the web, RDT’s technology ensures issues of access, authenticity and security are never compromised
In addition, RDT’s products meet the requirements of the UK Data Protections Act